This Classic Meatloaf Recipe makes 6 servings.
What You Need
1 pound ground beef chuck
1/2 pound ground pork butt
1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
1/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup onions, finely diced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 cup chopped parsley
Freshly ground black pepper
What To Do
1. Soak bread crumbs in milk.
2. Preheat oven to 450F and lightly grease a loaf pan.
3. Heat the olive oil. When hot add the onions and saute for about 8 minutes
or until golden and beginning to brown.
4. Add the garlic and saute for a few
seconds. Remove the skillet from the heat and transfer the contents to a
5. Add the soaked bread crumbs, ground chuck and ground pork butt and mix with
6. Add grated cheese, fennel, oregano, and parsley. Season to taste
with salt and pepper. (Saute some of the mixture before tasting and
adjusting for seasoning.)
7. Transfer the mix to a loaf pan and bake at high heat for 15 minutes.
the heat to 350 degrees and bake for 1 hour or until the internal
temperature reaches 165 degrees. Let rest 15 minutes before cutting.
Return to Meatloaf Recipes index
More Main Dish Recipes