Honey Mustard Meatloaf Recipe
This Honey Mustard Meatloaf recipe was submitted by Tamara Braun, who says that it has been "a family tradition for years and years in our family. I still remember the first time I had it - it was at my grandmother's house when I was a little girl. It was a big deal for me when my grandmother first let me help her prepare it! Now I'm passing it on to my grandkids. The honey mustard scent of it while it cooks will make your nostrils flare in anticipation!"
What You Need
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon basil leaves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons honey
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a loaf pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Then stir in eggs and mix well.
3. Transfer mixture to loaf pan, shaping to fit the pan.
4. In a small bowl, add honey and Dijon mustard and stir well; then use half to cover the top of the loaf.
5. Place loaf in oven for 30 minutes, uncovered; then brush remaining honey mustard onto loaf. Return to over for 20-30 more minutes.
6. Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes before removing from pan for serving or slicing.
Note: A healthier option is to substitute lean ground turkey for the ground beef.
Return to Meatloaf Recipes index
More Main Dish Recipes