Baked Chimichangas Recipe
What You Need
1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 4-oz. can sliced black olives, drained
1 7-oz. can green chiles, diced
1 cup prepared coleslaw mix with carrots
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, sharp
1 3/4 cups tomato salsa
6 flour tortillas
Sour cream, reduced fat
Green onions, sliced
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 425F and lightly oil 12 or 15 inch baking sheet.
2. Add beans, olives, chilies, coleslaw mix, cheese and 1 cup salsa to bowl and combine.
3. Wrap the tortillas in a cloth towel and microwave on high about 1 1/2 minutes.
4. Add about 1/6 of bean mixture onto each tortilla, in a narrow band near the edge of tortilla, and roll up. Place tortillas, seam side down, on baking sheet.
5. Bake about 15 minutes or until crisp and brown.
6. Top chimichangas with remaining salsa, sour cream and green onions.
Return to Mexican Recipes index