Beefy Mexican Lasagna Recipe
This Beefy Mexican Lasagna recipe makes 6-8 servings.
What You Need
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
9 corn tortillas
2 cans (10 ounces each) mild enchilada sauce
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed, drained
1 1/2 cups frozen corn
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
Crunchy Tortilla Strips (optional)
1/2 cup chopped tomato
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
What To Do
1. Heat oven to 350F.
2. Brown ground beef in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is not pink, breaking up into crumbles. Pour off drippings.
3. Stir in 1 can enchilada sauce, black beans, corn and cumin; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Spray 11-3/4 x 7-1/2 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange 3 tortillas in dish, cutting 1 as needed to cover bottom. Spread 1/4 cup remaining enchilada sauce over tortillas; cover with 1/3 beef mixture, then 1/3 cheese.
5. Repeat layers twice, omitting final cheese layer. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over top.
6. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake in 350F oven 30 minutes.
7. Remove foil; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with tortilla strips, if desired, tomato and cilantro.
Source: Cattlemen's Beef Board
Return to Mexican Recipes index