Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
This Chicken Enchiladas recipe makes 6 chicken enchiladas.
What You Need
2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
16 oz. tomato sauce
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1 jalapeno pepper
3 cups heavy cream
5 chicken bouillion cubes
1/3 cup olive oil
12 corn tortillas
1 1/2 cup Monterrey Jack cheese, grated
1 large onion, chopped
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Chop jalapeno pepper and remove seeds (wash hands immediately; keep hands away from eyes when handling jalapeno seeds).
2. In a skillet, saute onion in oil until translucent; stir in garlic, tomato sauce, salt, sugar, shredded chicken and peppers. Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
3. Heat heavy cream in a large saucepan; add bouillion cubes and dissolve, then set aside.
4. In a small skillet, add 1/3 cup oil and heat, then dip each tortilla in hot oil, turning once, for a few seconds (tortillas should soften). Remove to paper towels to drain.
5. Now, let's put it all together. Dip tortillas in cream mixture, then place on flat surface and add 2-3 tablespoons of chicken mixture down the center of each; roll up tortillas. Place seam side down in 13x9 baking dish. Pour remaining cream mixture over enchiladas, then sprinkle grated cheese on top.
6. Bake 25-30 minutes, until cheese is melted and browned.
Return to Mexican Recipes index