Colorful Mexican Carne Recipe
This Colorful Mexican Carne recipe makes 4-6 servings.
What You Need
1 package (1 3/4 to 2 1/2 pounds) fully-cooked boneless beef pot roast with gravy
1 jar (16 ounces) prepared taco sauce
1 can (15 ounces) red kidney beans, drained
1 1/2 cups frozen mixed red, yellow and green bell pepper strips, defrosted
4 to 6 packaged tortilla bowls
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
What To Do
1. Heat oven to 350F.
2. Remove beef pot roast from package. Measure 3/4 cup gravy; place in Dutch oven. (Discard any remaining gravy.)
3. Stir in taco sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-high; cook 5 minutes or until thickened.
4. Cut pot roast into 1/2-inch pieces. Add beef, beans and bell peppers to Dutch oven. Heat through over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
5. Place tortilla bowls on baking sheet. Bake in 350F oven 3 minutes or until golden.
6. Add cilantro to beef mixture. Serve in tortilla bowls.
Source: Cattlemen's Beef Board
Return to Mexican Recipes index