Mexican Veggie Burgers Recipe
This Mexican Veggie Burgers recipe makes 6 servings.
What You Need
1/2 cup almonds, finely chopped
1 teaspoon coriander, ground
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup onion
1 cup fennel or celery
3/4 cup cilantro
1 1/2 cups black beans, cooked or canned
1 cup bread crumbs
1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and minced
2 tablespoons toasted wheat germ or untoasted rolled oats
1/4 teaspoon, ground
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
What To Do
1. Heat almonds and coriander in dry frying pan over medium-high heat, stirring or shaking constantly, until almonds are lightly toasted, about 1 minute.
2. Food process garlic, onion, fennel/celery, and cilantro until finely chopped, add beans, and pulse repeatedly until chopped but not liquified.
3. Transfer to bowl and mix in almond mixture, bread crumbs, bell pepper, wheat germ, and spices. Taste and adjust seasonings.
4. Shape into six patties with floured hands, adding more bread crumbs if necessary.
5. Fry in 1 1/2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat until crust forms, about 3 minutes per side.
Return to Mexican Recipes index