This Steak Fajitas recipe makes 4 servings.
What You Need
1 pound lean steak, cut into strips
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 large onion, cut into thin strips
1 julienned green bell pepper
2 lemons, quartered
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
6 flour tortillas, 12 inches each
What To Do
1. In a shallow dish, combine lime juice, ground black pepper and cilantro as a marinade; add steak strips and refrigerate 2-4 hours.
2. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil over medium-high; add steak strips and cook to desired doneness.
3. Remove strips; add remaining oil plus onions, cooking over medium-low.
4. Stir in green peppers, then add steak strips back to skillet.
5. Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon over the top and stir.
6. Remove from heat when green pepper begins to tender.
7. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; serve with tortillas.
Return to Mexican Recipes index