Chili Mac is something that's famous in Cincinnati, but you don't have to be in Ohio to give it a try. This Chili Mac recipe makes 8 servings.
What You Need
1 pound elbow macaroni, uncooked
1 pound lean ground beef
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 28-oz. can tomatoes, undrained
1 quart tomato juice
2 cups chopped onions
3 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 bay leaf
1 20-oz. can red kidney beans, drained
What To Do
1. In a large skillet, brown beef in olive oil, stirring frequently.
2. Add undrained tomatoes, tomato juice, onion, garlic and seasonings. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
3. Stir in kidney beans. Cook for an additional 30 minutes. Remove bay leaf.
4. During second 30 minutes of cooking, prepare pasta according to package instructions. Drain.
5. Gradually add cooked pasta to chili. Serve in bowls.
Return to Pasta Recipes index