What You Need
1 lb. Bow Ties or other medium pasta shape
1 lb. hot turkey sausage
1 16 oz. container of light sour cream
1 tsp. garlic salt
1 4 oz. can chopped green chilies, drained
1 15.5 oz. can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 15 oz. can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
1 3.8 oz. can sliced black olives
4 green onions, whites and tops, chopped
2 medium size tomatoes, chopped
Tortilla chips (optional)
What To Do
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain.
2. Meanwhile, brown sausage in a skillet, breaking up with a fork while cooking.
3. When done, remove from heat and add sour cream, garlic salt, and green chilies to sausage.
4. In a large bowl, combine pasta, sausage mixture, and remaining ingredients.
5. Serve warm with tortilla chips and sliced avocado on the side.
Source: National Pasta Association
Return to Pasta Recipes index