Baryshnikov's Spinach Lasagna Recipe
Why is it called Baryshnikov's Spinach Lasagna recipe? Read the brief story down below to find out!
What You Need
1 teaspoon salt
16 oz. ricotta cheese
1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
10 oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1/8 teaspoon pepper
3/4 teaspoon whole oregano
2 15-oz. jars spaghetti sauce
8 oz. lasagne noodles, uncooked
1 cup water
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Before starting, make sure spinach is very well drained.
2. Combine ricotta, 1 cup mozzarella, egg, spinach and oregano and mix well.
3. Spread 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce in a greased 13x9x2 baking dish. Place 1/3 of lasagne noodles over sauce, and spread half the spinach/cheese mixture on top of noodles. Repeat layers.
4. Pour water around the edges.
5. Cover securely with aluminum foil and back for 1 hour, 15 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
The Story Behind the Recipe
Why is it called Baryshnikov's Spinach Lasagne? Because it was made for legendary dancer Mikhail Baryshnikov when he was in Amarillo, Texas, for an appearance in support of a local charity. Baryshnikov liked this recipe so much that once he returned to New York, he had an assistant call to get the recipe.
Return to Lasagna Recipes index
Pasta Salad Recipes