Black Bean Lasagna Recipe
This Black Bean Lasagna recipe makes 6 servings.
What You Need
8 ounces lasagna noodles
30 ounces canned black beans, rinsed, drained
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
28 ounces spaghetti sauce
8 ounces no-salt-added tomato sauce
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
12 ounces low-fat cottage cheese
8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
1/4 cup light sour cream
What To Do
1. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
2. Preheat oven to 350F.
3. Mash 1 can of black beans; set aside.
4. Heat oil in large skillet and add onion, green pepper, and garlic. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until tender but not brown.
5. Add mashed beans, unmashed beans, spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce, and chopped cilantro; heat through.
6. In a large mixing bowl, combine cottage cheese, cream cheese and sour cream; set aside.
7. Spray a 3-quart rectangular baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
8. Spread a little of bean mixture in bottom of baking dish. Arrange 3 of the noodles in the dish. Top with 1/3 of the bean mixture, then 1/3 of cheese mixture.
9. Repeat layers, ending with bean mixture on top.
10. Bake, covered, 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Return to Lasagna Recipes index