What makes this lasagna recipe easy? Two things. First, you don't have to cook the lasagna noodles before adding to the baking dish. Second, there's no meat to cook first, either - simply pick up your favorite meat sauce from the grocery store.
What You Need
Lasagne noodles, uncooked
1 quart meat sauce
1 pound ricotta cheese
1/2 pound mozzarella cheese, grated
Parmesan cheese, grated
1 cup water
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a 13x9x2 baking dish, spread a thin layer of meat sauce across the bottom.
3. Position three lasagne noodles side-by-side in the dish. Layer the ricotta, mozzerella and sauce, continuing with additional layers until about a half-inch from the top of the baking dish.
4. Make the last layer sauce, with Parmesan sprinkled on top.
5. Add water around the edges and corners of the baking dish - do not pour over top of lasagne.
6. Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour, 15 minutes. Uncover for the last five minutes.
7. Let sit for ten minutes before serving.
Return to Lasagna Recipes index
Pasta Salad Recipes