This Eggplant Lasagna recipe makes 8 servings.
What You Need
8 ounces lasagna noodles, cooked
1 medium eggplant
1 (6-oz.) can tomato paste
1 cup red wine
1/2 cup hot water
1 garlic clove
1 teaspoon dried leaf basil, crumbled
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
Salt and pepper
1 cup chopped onion
2 cups chopped green bell pepper
1/4 cup sliced black olives
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What To Do
1. Slice eggplant into quarter-inch rounds; fry in a nonstick skillet in hot olive oil on both sides until tender. Drain on paper towels.
2. Preheat oven to 350F.
3. In a large saucepan, combine tomato paste, wine, water, garlic, basil, salt (to taste), turmeric and pepper (to taste). Simmer 5 minutes.
4. Add green bell pepper, chopped onion and olives. Simmer another 5 minutes.
5. Butter a shallow baking dish and cover bottom with layer of noodles. Place a layer of eggplant rounds over top of noodles, and spread several spoonfuls of sauce over eggplant. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
6. Repeat layers under all ingredients are used.
7. Bake 30 minutes.
Return to Lasagna Recipes index