This Eggplant Lasagna recipe makes 6 servings.
What You Need
6 tablespoons olive oil
3 teaspoons finely chopped fresh oregano
1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh basil
Freshly ground pepper
1 12-oz. eggplant, sliced half-inch thick
1 8-oz. zucchini, sliced half-thick
8 oz. mozzarella cheese, sliced
1 cup ricotta cheese, drained
2 cups spaghetti sauce
2 tablespoons fennel seed, crushed
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
What To Do
1. Mix together olive oil, oregano, basil, salt and pepper (salt and pepper to taste). Brush it onto both sides of eggplant and zucchini slices.
2. Lay eggplant and zucchini slices in single layers on baking sheets and broil 2 inches from heat until cooked (about 4-5 minutes). Turn over slices, brush top side with olive oil again, and broil until second side is cooked. Remove.
3. Preheat oven to 350F.
4. Place half of eggplant slices into a wide, shallow 2- or 3-quart baking dish.
5. Add half of zucchini, then layer in half of mozzarella, ricotta, spaghetti sauce, fennel seed and Parmesan. Repeat layering of ingredients a second time.
6. Cover and bake 20-25 minutes, or until bubbly.
Return to Lasagna Recipes index
Pasta Salad Recipes