This Lasagna Maria recipe makes 6 servings.
What You Need
1 8-oz. package lasagna noodles
1 pound mild pork sausage
1 32-oz. jar spaghetti sauce
1 egg, slightly beaten
12 oz. ricotta cheese
1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
1/2 teaspoon dried whole oregano
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1 4.5-oz. jar sliced mushrooms, drained
1 3.5-oz. package sliced pepperoni
What To Do
1. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions (but do not salt the water); drain.
2. Cook sausage until browned; crumble, drain. Stir spaghetti sauce into sausage and set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 375F.
4. Combine egg and next five ingredients, stirring well.
5. Spread about a half-cup of the meat sauce in the bottom of a lightly greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
6. Layer half the noodles, half of ricotta cheese mixture, one third mozzarella, and a third of the remaining meat sauce. Repeat layers using equal amounts.
7. Finish by arranging mushroom and pepperoni slices on the top.
8. Bake 20 minutes, sprinkle with remaining cheese, and bake 5 minutes more.
Return to Lasagna Recipes index
Pasta Salad Recipes