This Skillet Lasagna recipe makes 4 servings.
What You Need
1/2 pound lean ground beef
1/2 pound ground lean pork
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 lasagna noodles broken into 2-inch pieces
1 (26-oz.) jar pasta sauce
2 cups water
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
Ground black pepper, to taste
3/4 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
1/4 cup fresh basil, minced
What To Do
1. Using a 12-inch nonstick skillet over high heat, cook the ground meats. Drain.
2. Add garlic, red pepper flakes and salt to meat in skillet and cook over medium-high heat until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
3. Sprinkle broken noodles into skillet.
4. Add tomato sauce and water to skillet, covering noodles.
5. Cover and simmer until noodles are tender, about 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
6. Turn off heat. Add half of mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, and salt and pepper to taste.
7. Dot top of mixture with heaping tablespoons of ricotta cheese, and sprinkle remaining cheeses over top.
8. Cover skillet and remove from heat. Let stand until cheeses melt.
9. Sprinkle with basil before serving.
Return to Lasagna Recipes index