Traditional Lasagna Recipe
This is actually more the traditional American lasagna recipe than the traditional Italian version. But tradition is tradition, and great food tastes great.
What You Need
16 lasagne noodles
1 pound ground beef
3 cups tomato sauce
2 pounds ricotta cheese
8 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Cook noodles according to package instructions; drain and rinse.
3. Brown ground beef in a large skillet; drain. Transfer beef to large saucepan and add tomato sauce. Simmer 15-20 minutes.
4. Combine ricotta, mozzarella, a half cup of Parmesan, eggs and parsley in a large bowl.
5. In a 13x9 baking dish, spread 1/2 cup of meat sauce over bottom. Place four lasagne noodles over the bottom, overlapping. Spread a third of the cheese mixture over noodles and cover with 1/2 cup of meat sauce. Repeat layers two more times. Cover last layer with more noodles.
6. Spread the remaining suace on top and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
7. Cover with foil; bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake additional 10 minutes.
8. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Return to Lasagna Recipes index