Vegetarian Lasagna Recipe
This Vegetarian Lasagna recipe serves eight.
What You Need
8 ounces lasagna noodles
10 ounces frozen chopped broccoli
1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
1 cup diced celery
1 cup chopped onions
1 cup diced green bell pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons basil
2 bay leaves
1 garlic clove, minced
1 egg, beaten
2 cups ricotta cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup shredded lowfat mozzarella cheese
What To Do
1. Cook noodles according to package instructions; do the same for broccoli. Drain each and set aside.
2. In a large saucepan, stir together tomatoes (undrained), tomato sauce, celery, onion, green pepper, basil, bay leaves and garlic and bring to boil, then reduce heat. Simmer uncovered 20-25 minutesstirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened. Remove bay leaves.
3. Preheat oven to 350F.
4. Stir together egg, cottage cheese and Parmesan cheese in a bowl, then stir in broccoli.
5. Using a 9x13 baking dish, spread a half cup of sauce in bottom, then top with half of noodles, half of broccoli mixture, and half of remaining sauce. Repeat layers, ending with the sauce.
6. Bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over top and cook another 5 minutes.
7. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Return to Lasagna Recipes index