Reunion Pasta Salad Recipe
This Reunion Pasta Salad recipe makes 14 servings. It's a great recipe for family reunions and other large gatherings.
What You Need
2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 lb. uncooked penne pasta
1 lb. Bag frozen bean and carrot mixture (baby carrots, green and yellow beans)
2 cups frozen broccoli florets
1 8 oz. package sliced fresh mushrooms
2 tomatoes, diced
1/2 cup olive oil
1/3 cup white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon basil leaves
1 teaspoon oregano leaves
2 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
What To Do
1. Cut chicken into 1-inch chunks. Salt and pepper lightly, if desired.
2. In medium bowl, blend dressing ingredients.
3. In Dutch oven, cook pasta according to package directions, adding frozen vegetables after 8 minutes.
4. Return to a boil. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until pasta and vegetables are tender. Rinse in cold water to cool; drain.
5. Spray large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium-high heat.
6. Add chicken. Cook and stir 7 to 9 minutes or until chicken is browned and internal juices run clear.
7. In very large bowl, combine pasta, vegetables, chicken, mushrooms and tomatoes; mix well.
8. Add dressing to salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate thoroughly before serving.
Return to Pasta Salad Recipes index