This Penne Pasta Bake recipe uses only vegetables, seasonings and spices. Add yellow squash or zucchini, if desired.
What You Need
16 ounces penne pasta
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
28 ounces canned tomatoes, diced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a 9x13 casserole dish.
2. Prepare penn as directed on package. Drain; set aside.
3. Heat olive oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and saute until tender.
4. Add tomatoes and oregano and cook until heated through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Combine penne pasta with sauce and 1 cup mozzarella; mix well.
6. Pour into prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
7. Bake 20 minutes.
Return to Pasta Recipes index