Here's a twist on the traditionally prepared spaghetti - a baked spaghetti recipe that produces a casserole or lasagna type meal.
What You Need
1 32-oz. jar meatless spaghetti sauce
1 14-oz. can diced tomatoes with green pepper and onion (undrained)
1 pound ground beef
1 medium onion, diced
1 box spaghetti
1 8-oz. bag shredded mild cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Break dry spaghetti into 3-inch lengths and cook according to package directions. Rinse and drain.
3. Add ground beef and onion to skillet and cook over medium heat until beef is browned.
4. Stir spaghetti sauce and diced tomatoes into beef and onions and simmer for 3-4 minutes until thickened.
5. Stir pasta into mixture, then add cheddar cheese and stir until cheese is completely melted.
6. Spray a 13x9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and transfer spaghetti and sauce into pan.
7. Bake 15 minutes. Remove, sprinkle mozzarella over top, and bake another 15 minutes.
Return to Spaghetti Recipes index