Spaghetti, beef, sauce and seasonings make up this Baked Spaghetti Recipe. It makes 4 servings.
What You Need
8 ounces spaghetti, uncooked
1 large onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, peeled, quartered
1 pound lean ground beef
1 (14-oz.) can tomatoes, undrained
1 (10-oz.) can low-sodium tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups water, divided
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
What To Do
1. Cook onion, garlic and ground beef over medium heat in large frying pan until beef is browned; drain.
2. Add tomatoes and liquid, tomato sauce, 1 cup water, Italian seasoning and salt. Simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. While that mixture simmers, preheat oven to 350F. Break spaghetti strands into thirds and place in a casserole baking dish.
4. Add remaining half cup of water and mix.
5. Add meat mixture and combine all ingredients.
6. Cover with aluminum foil and bake 40 minutes.
7. Uncover casserole and bake another 10 minutes. Top with grated cheese.
Return to Spaghetti Recipes index