Basic Spaghetti and Meatballs Recipe
This is your basic spaghetti and meatballs recipe. It makes 2 to 4 servings.
What You Need
1/2 pound ground beef
1 1/2 slices white bread, torn into small pieces
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1/4 cup olive oil
1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
8 ounces spaghetti, cooked
Grated Parmesan cheese
What To Do
1. Combine ground beef and next three ingredients in medium bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Form beef mixture meatballs about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
3. Heat oil in large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add meatballs (keep them separated - you'll have to do them in batches) and cook until brown on all sides, about 8 minutes.
4. Warm marinara sauce in small, heavy saucepan over low heat.
5. Pour marinara sauce over spaghetti and top with meatballs.
6. Serve immediately with additional Parmesan cheese on the side.
Return to Spaghetti Recipes index