Low Fat Spaghetti Carbonara Recipe
This Low-Fat Spaghetti Carbonara recipe uses turkey bacon to trim the fact in traditional carbonara dishes. It makes four servings.
What You Need
1 pound spaghetti, uncooked
6 ounces turkey bacon, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2/3 cup dry white wine
1 cup egg substitute
1/3 cup chopped parsley
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Salt to taste
Fresh ground pepper to taste
What To Do
1. Cook spaghetti according to package instructions.
2. While spaghetti cooks, add bacon and garlic to small saute pan and cook over medium-low heat until bacon is lightly browned.
3. Add wine to bacon/garlic and turn up heat to bring wine to a boil. Continue cooking until wine is reduced by half.
4. Pour mixture into a large serving bowl and let cool for 5 minutes.
5. Stir egg substitute and parsley into wine mixture.
6. When pasta is done, drain well then add to serving bowl. Add Parmesan cheese and toss.
7. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Return to Spaghetti Recipes index