Spaghetti ala Carbonara Recipe
Pancetta gives this Spaghetti ala Carbonara dish an authentic bite. This recipe makes four servings.
What You Need
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
4 garlic cloves, crushed
2/3 pound pancetta, cut into half-inch strips
2/3 cup white wine
1 pound spaghetti, uncooked
2/3 cup finely grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
1/4 cup finely grated pecorino romano cheese
2 tablespoons finely chopped flat leaf parsley
2 large eggs
Salt and pepper
What To Do
1. Using a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil.
2. Add garlic to oil; cook about 1 minute, until golden. Remove garlic and discard.
3. Add pancetta strips to garlic-infused oil. Cook about 5 minutes, until edges are crisp.
4. Add wine and simmer until thickened, 2-3 minutes, then remove from heat.
5. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook until al dente. Drain, but reserve 1/4 cup pasta water.
6. Add cheeses, parsley and eggs to a large bowl and whisk together.
7. Slowly drizzle in reserved pasta water while whisking vigorously.
8. Add spaghetti, along with pancetta mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
9. Toss to combine, and serve!
Return to Spaghetti Recipes index