Spaghetti with Garlic and Olive Oil Recipe
Simple flavor profile and delicious. This Spaghetti with Garlic and Olive Oil recipe makes four servings.
What You Need
4 medium garlic cloves, peeled
1 teaspoon water
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 pound spaghetti
1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
Ground black pepper
What To Do
1. Run the garlic cloves through a garlic press and mix with the 1 teaspoon water.
2. Put garlic, olive oil, red pepper flakes and 3/4 teaspoon salt into skillet over medium-low heat. Cook until garlic turns golden, stirring frequently (about five minutes). Remove from heat.
3. While garlic is cooking, bring 4 quarter water to boil, add 1 tablespoon salt and spaghetti. Cook until spaghetti is al dente; drain, but reserve 1/4 cup pasta water. Return spaghetti to pot.
4. Add garlic to spaghetti, plus reserved pasta water, and parsley. Toss well.
5. Check seasonings; add more salt or pepper to taste.
Return to Spaghetti Recipes index