Spaghetti with Gorgonzola Sauce Recipe
What You Need
6 ounces dry spaghetti
2 cups skim milk
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 ounce gorgonzola (about 1/4 cup crumbled)
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
3 medium dried figs, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup chives, minced
What To Do
1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain and place into large bowl, keeping warm.
2. While spaghetti cooks, combine milk and flour in a large skillet with a wire whisk, blending until flour dissolves.
3. Add salt, pepper and cayenne to flour mixture and cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until mixture thickens and bubbles (about five minutes).
4. Add gorgonzola and parmesan cheeses to mixture; cook until cheese melts, stirring constantly.
5. Stir in the figs and chives.
6. Pour gorgonzola sauce over spaghetti and toss.
Return to Spaghetti Recipes index