Spicy Vegetable Pasta Bake Recipe
This Spicy Vegetable and Pasta Bake recipe makes 6 servings.
What You Need
1 Onion (medium), sliced/quartered
1 Zucchini (medium), sliced
2 Yellow squash, sliced
30 Asparagus tips (blanch until tender)
1 teaspoon Cajun spice
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1 (10.5 oz) can Cream of Celery Soup
1/2 cup chicken broth
3 Tablespoons sour cream
2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 1/2 cups extra wide egg noodles, cooked
1 cup Swiss cheese, finely grated
2 cups unsalted saltine crackers, crumbled
2 tablespoons margarine, melted
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Spray skillet with vegetable spray.
2. Combine onion, zucchini and yellow squash, asparagus, spice, and salt in skillet. Saute until tender. Set aside.
3. Mix soup, broth, sour cream, mayonnaise, eggs, pepper, noodles, and cheese. Add vegetables, mix well.
4. Spray two-quart baking dish with vegetable spray, pour mixture into dish. Bake for 45 minutes.
5. Remove from oven, top with crackers, and drizzle with margarine. Return to oven and bake until crackers start to brown.
6. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Source: Georgia Egg Commission
Return to Pasta Recipes index