Spinach Ziti Casserole Recipe
This Spinach Ziti Casserole recipe makes 6 servings.
What You Need
1 pound ziti
1 medium onion, chopped
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 16-oz. can tomato sauce
2 teaspoons sugar
2 tablespoons oregano
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 10-oz. package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
16 oz. non-fat cottage cheese
1 15-oz. can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
What To Do
1. Cook pasta according to directions in a large saucepan. When done, drain and return to saucepan.
2. Meanwhile, saute onion in oil in a medium saucepan over low heat for 5 minutes.
3. Add tomato sauce, oregano, pepper, chili powder and spinach. Cook over low heat for 15 minutes.
4. Add sauce, cottage cheese and kidney beans to pasta and mix together.
5. Pour into a 2-quart baking dish, cover and bake in a 350F degree oven for 20 minutes.
Return to Pasta Recipes index
Past Salad Recipes