Stuffed Shells Marinara Recipe
What You Need
24 Jumbo Shells, uncooked
2 10-oz. packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed
2 cups low-fat cottage cheese
1/4 cup grated onion
1 14-oz. jar spaghetti sauce
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
What To Do
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
2. While pasta is cooking, cook spinach according to package directions. Drain spinach thoroughly in colander by pressing out extra liquid with a large spoon; cool.
3. In a medium bowl, combine spinach with cottage cheese and onion.
4. When pasta is done, drain. Rinse with cold water and drain again.
5. Preheat oven to 375F.
6. Spoon cheese mixture into shells. Place shells in a lightly oiled 9 x 13 x 2-inch baking dish.
7. Pour spaghetti sauce over shells. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
8. Cover with foil. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until hot.
Source: National Pasta Association
Return to Pasta Recipes index