Pork Roast Tangerine Recipe
This Pork Roast Tangerine recipe makes 12 servings.
What You Need
1 (3 lbs.) boneless pork loin roast, rolled and tied
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon dry mustard
1/4 cup honey
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup tangerine juice or orange juice
1 tangerine or orange
1 cup water
1 tablespoon water
What To Do
1. In a small bowl, combine mustard, salt and pepper. Rub roast with mustard mixture. Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan; insert meat thermometer in thickest part of roast. Roast pork in a 325°F oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until meat thermometer registers 155-160°F.
2. Meanwhile, rinse tangerine and remove peel, reserving peel. Section tangerine and set aside. Remove white membrane from peel and cut about 2 Tablespoons julienne strips.
3. In small saucepan combine julienne strips and 1 cup water. Bring to boiling; reduce heat and simmer about 15 minutes. Drain.
4. In small saucepan combine tangerine juice and honey.
5. In small bowl, combine cornstarch and 1 Tablespoon water. Add to tangerine juice/honey mixture. Cook over medium heat until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly.
6. Add butter and cooked peel; cook until butter melts, stirring constantly.
7. Slice roast and arrange on serving platter. Garnish with tangerine sections and spoon sauce over.
Source: National Honey Board
Return to Pork Recipes index