Barbecued Thai Chicken Salad Recipe
This Barbecued Thai Chicken Salad makes 6 servings.
What You Need
1 broiler fryer chicken, about 3 1/2 pounds
1 can (14 oz.) unsweetened coconut milk, regular or low-fat
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon fish sauce
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
2 tablespoons brown sugar
Sweet and Sour Cilantro Dressing
12 red lettuce leaves, rinsed
1 medium head lettuce, shredded
1 large red bell pepper, sliced
1/2 cup mint leaves, torn
1/3 cup peanuts, finely chopped
What To Do
1. Rinse chicken, pat dry. Split chicken in half with a large, sharp knife.
2. In a large bowl whisk curry powder into coconut milk. Blend in lime juice, fish sauce, garlic, cilantro and brown sugar.
3. Add chicken, turning to coat in marinade. Cover bowl; refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
4. Preheat charcoal grill or oven broiler. Place chicken on grill or broiler, skin side down. Turn after about 10 minutes. Cook until juices run clear or fork can be inserted in chicken with ease, about 30 minutes.
5. Cool chicken slightly; cut into strips.
6. Prepare dressing.
7. Arrange lettuce leaves on 6 plates. Combine strands of lettuce, bell pepper and mint; portion onto lettuce leaves.
8. Scatter chicken on top. Sprinkle with peanuts; serve with dressing.
Return to Salad Recipes index