Chicken Waldorf Salad Recipe
This Chicken Waldorf Salad recipe makes 6 servings.
What You Need
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
1 crisp red apple (such as Harrelson or Braeburn)
1 crisp green apple (such as Granny Smith)
3/4 cup chopped celery
2 6 oz. cartons fat-free orange or vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
1/4 cup walnuts
4 cups shredded lettuce
What To Do
1. Lightly salt and pepper chicken, if desired.
2. In large skillet, combine chicken and 3/4 cup water. Bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat to medium. Cook 8 to 12 minutes or until internal juices run clear.
3. Drain; set aside to cool slightly.
4. Meanwhile, core apples and cut into bite-sized pieces.
5. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
6. In large bowl, combine chicken and remaining ingredients; mix well.
7. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve chicken mixture on shredded lettuce. Serve with poppy seed or raspberry muffins, if desired.
Return to Salad Recipes index