This Crabcumber Salad is so-called because it layers crab and cucumber. It was submitted by UV Baxter of Corpus Christi, Texas.
What You Need
1 6.5-oz. can crab meat, drained
3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced and halved
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Dash of chili powder
1/6 cup mayonnaise
1/6 cup sour cream
4 large tomatoes, prepared for stuffing
What To Do
1. Slice off top of tomatoes and hollow out (remove pulp and seeds) for stuffing.
2. Sprinkle lemon juice over crab meat.
3. Add remaining ingredients and toss to coat.
4. Spoon mixture into tomatoes.
5. Garnish with olives or pickles.
Return to Salad Recipes index