Southwestern Salad Recipe
Use turkey in place of beef for a different approach to this Southwestern Salad.
What You Need
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 tbsp chili powder
2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 cup red kidney beans
1 15-oz. can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
1 medium tomato, diced
2 cups lettus
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
What To Do
1. Brown ground beef and onions in a large skillet; drain.
2. Stir in chili powder, oregano and cumin; cook for 1 more minute.
3. Add beans, chickpeas and tomato and gently combine.
4. In a large serving bowl, combine lettuce and cheese.
5. Place equal amounts of lettuce/cheese mixture into four serving bowls.
6. Add 1 cup of beef mixture to top of each bowl and serve.
Return to Salad Recipes index