Chicken Pita Pockets Recipe
This Chicken Pita Pockets recipe makes 4 sandwiches.
What You Need
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3/4 cup ranch salad dressing
1 tablespoons dried dill weed
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
1 cup shredded lettuce
4 large pita bread loaves, halved
What To Do
1. Place chicken between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound to flatten.
2. To make sauce, combine ranch dressing and dill.
3. In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add mushrooms and onion; cook 3 minutes or until tender. Remove from pan; set aside.
4. Heat remaining tablespoon of oil in pan; add chicken. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until internal juices run clear. Slice into strips.
5. Stuff pita bread halves with lettuce, chicken strips and mushroom mixture. Top with dill sauce. Serve with carrot sticks.
6. Add one peeled, seeded and chopped cucumber to ranch dressing for extra crunch or use cucumber ranch dressing mixed with dill.
Return to Sandwich Recipes index