Italian Chicken Patties Recipe
This Italian Chicken Patties recipe makes 6 sandwiches.
What You Need
1 pound ground chicken
1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 pound ground Italian sausage
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/3 cup Italian seasoned dried bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 large onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
12 slices French bread
6 slices mozzarella cheese
6 slices Swiss cheese
1/2 cup butter, softened
What To Do
1. In small saucepan, mix together tomato sauce, basil, red pepper flakes and garlic powder over medium heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
2. In large bowl, place chicken, sausage, Italian seasoning, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Mix and shape into 6 thin, oval patties.
3. In large frypan lightly sprayed with cooking oil, place chicken patties. Cook over medium heat about 10 minutes, turning once; remove and keep warm.
4. In same frypan, sauté onions until tender.
5. On each of 6 slices of bread, place 1 slice mozzarella cheese. Top with chicken patty, onion slices and Swiss cheese.
6. Place remaining slice of bread on each and butter outsides. Cook on griddle over medium heat until brown on each side and cheese is melted.
7. Garnish with twisted orange slice and parsley sprig. Serve with seasoned tomato sauce for dipping.
Return to Sandwich Recipes index