What You Need
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 large egg, beaten
1 cup ice water
2 tablespoon Vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon Tabasco
2 lbs. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
Salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, red pepper to taste
vegetable oil for frying
What To Do
1. Combine flour, sugar, egg, ice water, 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, Tabasco sauce and the spices you decide to include in a bowl.
2. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
3. Heat vegetable oil in a deep, heavy pot or electric fryer to 350F.
4. Rinse shrimp, pat dry and dip in batter.
5. Add shrimp to vegetable oil in small batches, frying until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
Return to Shrimp Recipes index