Scampi with White Beans Recipe
What You Need
1 pound asparagus, diagonally cut into 1-inch pieces
4 to 6 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 teaspoons margarine
1 pound shrimp, peeled, deveined
2 cups chopped tomatoes
1 can (15 ounces) Great Northern beans or Navy beans or 1 1/2 cups cooked dry-packaged Great Northern beans or Navy beans, rinsed, drained
1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
1/2 cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
2 teaspoons cornstarch
Salt and pepper, to taste
8 ounces spinach fettuccini, cooked, hot
2 tablespoons fat-free grated Parmesan cheese
What To Do
1. Cook asparagus and garlic in oil and margarine in large skillet over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes.
2. Add shrimp and cook until pink, 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes, beans, and herbs; cook, covered, until tomatoes are wilted, 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Mix chicken broth and cornstarch; stir into skillet. Cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring frequently.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Serve over fettuccini; sprinkle with cheese.
Source: American Dry Bean Board.
Return to Shrimp Recipes index