This Shrimp Fajitas recipe is a pretty standard recipe for fajitas, but with shrimp substituted for beef or chicken. It makes 6 servings.
What You Need
1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 pound medium shrimp, peeled, deveined
1 small onion, chopped
1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
3 tablespoons water
6 10-inch flour tortillas, warmed
What To Do
1. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat.
2. Place red and green bell peppers slices and chopped onion into heated skillet; cook about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Bell pepper slices should still be slightly crisp. Remove veggies from skillet.
3. Add the other 1/2 tablespoon oil to skillet; add shrimp and cook until shrimp are pink and opaque. Stir frequently.
4. Reduce heat to low, return bell pepper and onion to skillet, and stir in taco seasoning and water.
5. Simmer until bell peppers are heated through.
6. Spoon into warm tortillas and serve.
Return to Shrimp Recipes index