This Shrimp Scampi recipe can be served just as-is, in a bowl with pan sauces; or over bread cubes, white rice or pasta.
What You Need
1 pound large raw shrimp
1/2 cup butter or margarine
6 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
2 tablespoons parsley, chopped, divided
1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
2 tablespoons white wine
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Peel and devein shrimp. Wash shrimp under running water and drain well on paper towels.
3. Place butter into 13x9x2 baking dish, and put dish in oven to melt butter.
4. Add garlic, salt and 1 tablespoon of parsley to melted butter and mix.
5. Arrange shrimp in baking dish in a single layer.
6. Bake shrimp for 5 minutes, then turn and sprinkle with white wine, lemon peel and remaining parsley. Bake another 8-10 minutes or until shrimp are tender.
Return to Shrimp Recipes index