Cajun-Style Corn Soup Recipe
What You Need
4 cups water
1 6-oz. can tomato paste
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
2 cups fresh corn kernels
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 pound ground beef
What To Do
1. Combine water, tomato paste, salt, ground black pepper, cayenne pepper, bell peppers and corn in a large pot.
2. Bring to boil, then reduce head and simmer for 35 minutes.
3. Saute oil, onion and garlic and saute for 3 to 5 minutes over medium heat. Add to simmering soup.
4. Return saucepan to stovetop, medium heat, and brown ground beef.
5. Add beef to soup. Stir well and simmer 10 more minutes.
Return to Soup Recipes index or Corn Recipes index