Curried Honey Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
This Curried Honey Sweet Potato Soup makes 4-6 servings.
What You Need
6 cups (48 oz.) chicken or vegetable stock
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, optional
2 to 3 teaspoons curry powder
4 medium-sized cloves garlic, peeled
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, diced
6 tablespoons Orange Blossom honey, divided
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 medium russet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
2 teaspoons salt
1 lb. sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
What To Do
1. Heat oil over medium-high heat in a soup pot. Add onion and sauté until translucent, 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute.
3. Add stock, potatoes and salt. Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
4. Puree mixture in batches, put soup back over low heat and add 5 Tablespoons of the honey, plus bell pepper, curry powder, pepper and ginger. Bring to a simmer, taste and adjust seasonings.
5. Microwave remaining 1 Tablespoon honey for 5 seconds on High. Serve soup drizzled with a little warm honey and sprinkled with chopped cilantro, if desired.
Source: National Honey Board
Return to Soup Recipes index