Old-Fashioned Potato Soup Recipe
This creamy Old-Fashioned Potato Soup recipes makes 6 servings.
What You Need
1/4 cup margarine
1 large onion, chopped
6 potatoes, peeled, diced
2 carrots, diced
3 cups water
2 tablespoons chicken bouillon powder
Ground black pepper to taste
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 cups milk
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
What To Do
1. Melt butter in a large stock pot. Add onion; cook over medium heat until onion is translucent.
2. While onions cook, get out another stock pot and add potatoes, carrots, water and chicken bouillon. Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
3. Add ground black pepper to taste to soup mixture.
4. Add flour to cooked onions and form paste. Gradually add milk to paste, stirring well.
5. Cook milk/onion mixture over low heat until warmed through, stirring constantly.
6. Add potato mixture into milk mixture. Stir in parsley and thyme and heat through.
Return to Soup Recipes index