Asparagus Potato Soup Recipe
This Asparagus Potato Soup recipe makes 6 servings.
What You Need
1 pound asparagus; trimmed, cut into 1-inch lengths
1 large baking potato, peeled, cubed
1 medium yellow onion, peeled, cut into thin wedges
3 1/2 cups chicken broth
1/4 teaspoon ground mace
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
6 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
What To Do
1. Add all ingredients, minus cheese, to large saucepan. Bring to simmer over medium-high heat, then turn down heat so that soup gently bubbles while cooking.
2. Cover and simmer 30-35 minutes, until vegetables are very tender.
3. Remove from heat; cool, covered, for 20 minutes.
4. Add broth/vegetables to blender, a little at a time, and puree.
5. Return to saucepan and bring soup to serving temperature.
6. Ladle soup into heated bowl, and top each portion with 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese.
Return to Potato Soup Recipes index