This Baked Potato Soup recipe makes 6 servings.
What You Need
8 oz. pulp from baked potatoes
1 medium chopped onion
1 tablespoon chopped green onion
2 teaspoons butter
3 cups chicken stock
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup half and half
Shredded cheedar cheese
Minced green onions
What To Do
1. Baked enough potatoes to yield 8 oz. of pulp (two large or three medium should do the trick).
2. Bake, cool slightly, cut open and scoop out pulp. Reserve.
3. Saute onions in butter in a 2-quart saucepan.
4. Over medium-low heat, add chicken stock, salt, pepper and potato pulp. Mix together, then stir in half and half.
5. Heat to serving temperature, ladle into bowls and garnish with sour cream, green onions or parsley.
Return to Potato Soup Recipes index