Cheddar Potato Broccoli Soup Recipe
This Cheddar Potato Broccoli Soup Recipe recipe makes 4 servings.
What You Need
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup chopped onions
1 1/3 pounds potatoes, peeled, cubed
2 1/2 cups boiling water
2 chicken bouillon cubes
10 oz. frozen cut broccoli, thawed, drained
6 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
What To Do
1. Using a 2- to 3-quart saucepan, melt butter, add onion and saute for 5 minutes.
2. Add potatoes, water and bouillon cubes. Cover and bring to boil. Lower to medium heat and cook until potatoes are tender (approximately 15 minutes).
3. Using a slotted spoon, remove 1 cup of potatoes and set aside. Process contents of saucepan in a blender until smooth (be very careful processing hot ingredients!).
4. Return to saucepan; add remaining potato plus broccoli. Heat over medium-low, stirring regularly, and gradually adding cheese, until cheese is completely melted.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Return to Potato Soup Recipes index