Old Fashioned Potato Soup Recipe
What You Need
8 potatoes, cubed
1 tablespoon butter
1 egg, well beaten
1/4 cup milk
1 quart milk
1/2 cup flour
What To Do
1. Clean, peel and cube potatoes, then boil until soft.
2. Drain and add potatoes back to pot, along with 1 quart milk.
3. Heat thoroughly, and add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Separately, work butter into flour, add egg to mixture, then add just enough of the remaining 1/4 cup of milk to thin mixture to pouring consistency.
5. Add mixture to potatoes. Cover and cook about 10 more minutes. Serve at once.
Return to Potato Soup Recipes index