Potato Cheese Soup Recipe
This Potato Cheese Soup recipe makes 6 servings.
What You Need
4 tablespoons sweet butter
2 cups finely chopped yellow onions
2 cups peeled and chopped carrots
6 parsley sprigs
5 cups chicken stock
2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 cup chopped fresh dill
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
What To Do
1. In a soup pot, cook onions and carrots in melted butter, over low heat and covered, until vegetables are tender and lightly colored (about 25 minutes).
2. Add parsley, stock, and potatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer about 30 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
3. Add dill, remove from heat, and let soup stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Then pour soup through a strainer.
4. Transfer the solids to the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Add 1 cup of stock and process until smooth.
5. Return puree to soup in the pot. Add more stock at this point to thin the soup; add enough to reach a consistency you like.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set over low heat.
7. Gradually stir in grated cheese and continue cooking over low. When cheese is melted, serve.
Return to Potato Soup Recipes index